Poster presentation and instructions
A poster presentation combines a visual display on a poster board of the highlights of research with a question-and-answer opportunity. All delegates are encouraged to visit the poster networking sessions and contact the main author during the congress when it is feasible.
Please observe the following when you prepare your poster:
- All posters should include title, name of authors, institution, city and country. The lettering of the title should be a least 25 mm high and the main text at least 10 mm high.
- The poster should be easily readable from a distance of 2 meters.
- The language of the poster should be English.
- The measurement of your poster should be approximately A0 Portrait, (maximum 84.1 cm wide x 118.9 high – 33.1 in. wide and 46.8 in. high).
- Please bring your poster to the congress yourself.
- The Congress Secretariat provides equipment for setting up the posters on the boards.
- The Congress Secretariat takes no responsibility for left or damaged posters.
Mounting and dismounting posters:
- Posters must be mounted between 8.00-10.00 of the day of presentation
- Posters must be taken down between 19.00-19.30 of the day of presentation. Poster that have not been dismounted at 19.30 will be disposed and the Congress Secretariat takes no responsibility.
Poster presentations schedule:
Monday - 17.00-19.00
- Pathogens / Pathogenicity
- Applied Microbiology
Tuesday - 17.00-19.00
- Physiology / Biochemistry / Molecular Microbiology
- Taxonomy / Systematics
- Biotechnology / Synthetic Biology / Systems Biology
- Education / Professional Development / Policies
Wednesday - 17.00-19.00
- Environmental Microbiology / Microbial Ecology / Microbial Communities
- Food Microbiology
Poster Discussion Session
Abstracts can be selected for the Poster Discussion Sessions. These sessions are mainly intended for early career scientists. The format is about 6 short oral presentations of 8 minutes each (5 minutes talk and 3 minutes discussion, 4 slides maximum).