ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED - NOTIFICATION: 28 February 2019
- Do not include author names in the title or body of your abstract.
- The author names and affiliations will be added automatically at the end of the submission process.
- Abstracts submitted will be designated for either poster or oral presentations by the FEMS2019 Programme Committee.
- NB! If you are an invited speaker, you should submit your abstract according to the information you have received in an email from the Congress Secretariat.
GENERAL ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
A. General conditions
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and posters.
- Abstracts must be submitted before 17 January 2019 (23:59 CET)
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the abstract book for the congress, on the congress website and in the congress app.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the FEMS2019 Congress Secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
B. Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register as an active participant at the congress at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract.
- The FEMS2019 Congress Secretariat reserves the right to exclude any abstract that is not followed by a participant registration at the latest 14 days after notification of acceptance.
C. Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is max. 250 words per abstract.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. No full stop at the end.
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online.
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use.
- The abstract must include the following: Background, Objectives, Methods and Results.
D. Reviewing and notification
- The FEMS2019 Programme Committee will review the abstract.
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to the submitting authors by 28 February 2019
- It is the responsibility of all investigators that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals. The FEMS2019 Programme Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
- Please check that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process.
- To receive a confirmation email after you have submitted your abstract, please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book.
- For all enquiries regarding abstracts and speakers, please contact the FEMS2019 Congress Secretariat at email@example.com