FEMS CONGRESS ATTENDANCE GRANT
DEADLINE 15 January 2019
FEMS provides grants for European and non-European Early Career Scientists to support their attendance at the 8th FEMS Congress of European Microbiologists, July 7 – 11, 2019, Glasgow, Scotland.
The grant provides a waiver of the registration fee. FEMS will also provide specific additional grant for Latin American Early Career Scientists.
FEMS will organize a special networking and social event for all grant recipients. Further details will be posted on this website when available, and will be included in the final programme book.
FEMS will recognize the best posters presented by a FEMS Early Career Scientist with an additional award. Further details will be posted on this website when available. These poster prize awards will be given at the Closing Ceremony of FEMS 2019. Winners must be present during the Closing Ceremony to receive their prize.
Deadline for grant applications: 15 January 2019.
Applicants for a FEMS Congress Grant should:
1. Be an early career scientist and thus should either:
- have obtained highest academic degree (Bachelor, Master or PhD) less than five years prior the application deadline, or
- be a PhD student;
2. Be an active microbiologist;
3. Be the first author of an accepted abstract
4. Attend the congress and be a registered participant
The following documents will need to be uploaded with the application:
- CV including list of publications
- Signed endorsement form
- A copy of the abstract submitted via the congress website
APPLY FOR A GRANT
- The summary above outlines the information on eligibility, please consult the Grants Regulations before submitting your application.
- To submit a grant application, make sure you have submitted your abstract (see abstract submission) before 15 January 2019.
- Then, submit your application for the Congress Attendance Grant via FEMS Grants Online, also before the deadline of 15 January 2019.
- You will receive information on the outcome of your grant application before 1 March 2019. Use this information to register to the Congress.
Make sure you register no sooner than you have received information on grant approval from the Congress Secretariat. The grant involves a waiver of the registration fee, so successful applicants do not need to pay the registration fee in advance.
Only grant recipients that are present at the Congress will receive the grant allocated to them.