FEMS-ASM MÄKELÄ-CASSELL TRAVEL AWARD FOR EARLY CAREER SCIENTISTS
The FEMS-ASM Award supports one member from each organization to present their research at the other organization’s main conference. It has been designed to benefit early career scientists from both organizations by giving them the opportunity to present their work overseas and experience the best of microbiology in the partner country.
The FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell is worth up to $5,000 US for ASM members travelling to the FEMS2019 congress, supporting travel and living costs of the grantee only.
ASM members that register for the upcoming FEMS Congress, can apply for the Award as soon as abstract submission opens on the Congress website.
Deadline for submission of the award is 15 January 2019
An early career scientist eligible for the FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell Award should:
1. Be a current ASM member (please provide the ID number);
2. Be an early career scientist and thus should either
- have obtained the PhD within the past five years prior the application deadline, or
- be a PhD student and
3. Be the first author of an accepted abstract
APPLY FOR THE AWARD
To be considered for the FEMS-ASM Mäkelä-Cassell an ASM member should indicate the interest during the abstract submission process and send the following documents after the abstract submission deadline / before 15 January 2019 to the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com:
- Name and ASM Membership number
- CV including list of publications
- Signed endorsement form